Investor in Careers is a Licensed Awarding Body for the Quality in Careers Standard award, which showcases and supports the management of careers education, information, advice and guidance (CEIAG) and is now the most widely used quality award of its kind recognised nationally across the country.
From 31st March 2017, all careers standard awards will now follow a national set of standards - the Quality in Careers Standard. Investor in Careers is proud to be one of only 12 Licensed Awarding Bodies in England & Wales.
All our Investor in Careers holders have demonstrated a commitment to provide impartial, independent careers education, information, advice and guidance to all young people.
This really is one of the highest accolades an organisation can receive for excellence in this area of work and is definitely something the award holder can be very proud of. The Quality in Careers Standard is about improving students’ awareness of opportunities, raising their aspirations and working with them to ensure they achieve their full potential. In addition to the benefits to students, many schools find a Quality in Careers Standard to be of enormous help in providing evidence for Ofsted inspections. We hope to see even more schools / colleges getting involved in the Quality in Careers Standard and Investor in Careers in the future.
Why choose IiC?
- DfE statutory guidance March 2015 (paragraph 67) recommends schools achieve a Quality in Careers Standard Award to demonstrate the quality of their CEIAG provision
- Provides a clear framework for meeting the statutory guidance and is flexible to ensure areas who do not have to adhere to the statutory duty are providing their pupils with an excellent CEIAG curriculum
- Supports your preparation for OFSTED and demonstrates how you are meeting the duty placed on schools/colleges to ensure pupils are well prepared for the next stage of their education, training and/or employment
- Will raise the standard of CEIAG across the institution and within the curriculum areas
- The award focuses on careers education and the delivery of careers focused IAG
- It places a high value on work related learning and employability skills
- It is a supportive process, achieved in a realistic time frame
- It is an original CEIAG award and largest in the country
- Developmental tool as opposed to an assessment
- CSW are on the end of the phone to offer support throughout the award.